Tuesday, May 01, 2007

 

Run Fred Run!

Fred Thompson seems likely to run. I don't know everything I'd like to know about him, but the only negative I'm aware of is that he once supported Campaign Finance Reform. Since he has since recanted on that, and I believe in forgiving repentant sinners, I don't particularly hold that against him. Otherwise he seems way better than Rudy Giuliani or John McCain, and at this point I trust him more than Mitt Romney.

I think perhaps he doesn't want the presidency for himself as much as the other candidates; other people may see that as a bad thing, but I see it as a good one. If he runs, it will be because he wants the country to have a good President. I think he'd probably be happier if the country had a good President that wasn't him, but I doubt he thinks that's possible.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?